Three Common Pitfalls I See Holding Students Back.
1. Lack of content (background) knowledge
2. Not realizing the impact and importance of keeping up with daily assignments.
3. Failing to take advantage of study time and materials.
Three Simple things to Help Students Start Strong
1. Be prepared, know what we're studying ahead of time & catch-up on "rusty subjects" with YouTube etc., tutorials.
2. Get and keep a daily assignment notebook (your agenda book works great for this). We ALL learn by repetition; daily work keeps us sharp and ready. (plus watching those homework 100's pile up is an awesome feeling!)
3. Please don't expect the 45-50 minutes you get in class each day to be enough. You MUST set time aside at home to read through the notes you took that day and complete any practice work. Start test prep three days ahead for best results.
Bonus: Check our websites often for little "gems" like review content and extra opportunities- especially if you've been absent. Class continues even if you're not there. Catching up on missed work is easier from your couch- Check the webpage from home and get an early start.