1. Not studying nor memorizing vocab nor verb conjugations regularly. A lot of learning a language is just memorizing the foundational information. If you don't do that, you can't build on that foundation.
2. Not completing assignments and not turning them in on time. Don't lose points on the little things.
3. Not paying attention and not brining materials to class daily.
Three Simple Tips to Help Students Start the Year Strong
1. Create a routine and always stay organized so you don't forget to study or lose work you've already done.
2. Spend 10-15 minutes per night reviewing the vocab, making notecards, watching youtube videos on recent topics, etc.
3. Stay engaged and ask questions when you don't understand. It's very likely you aren't the only one struggling and others are just afraid to speak up.